UNIQUE QUALIFICATIONS TO SUPPORT WORK IN CHALLENGING ENVIRONMENTS
As a small business, EMS is uniquely qualified to support federal programs that traditionally only large companies have been considered players. Below are some of the unique qualifications that have helped solidify EMS’s reputation as a small business that will navigate any obstacle to meet mission requirements.
EMS is certified 8(a) Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC)
- The 8(a) ANC status allows EMS to accept direct awards known as sole-source contracts with a ceiling of up to $22 million.
- Awards to an 8(a) ANC cannot be protested.
- The 8(a) business development program provides resource-limited small disadvantage businesses to transition into companies capable of competing with larger businesses for “full and open” competitive contracts.
LABORATORY AND TESTING FACILITIES
In addition to providing the Scientist and Subject Matter Expertise to support laboratory based programs EMS has access to commercial laboratory space and the equipment available to support a wide array of diagnostic tests. When a customer needs to expand past their current laboratory capacity EMS can support you.
FEDERAL WIDE ASSURANCE (FWA)
EMS maintains FWA for the protection of human subjects (EMS DHHS FWA number: FWA00014512). The majority of EMS employees are involved in carrying out research and support protocols that involve human subjects. Therefore, EMS (and its employees) possesses the certifications necessary to participate in research activities that support protocols approved by the Institutional Review Board (IRB).
CAPABLE OF SUB-CONTRACTING TO FOREIGN ORGANIZATIONS
In order to facilitate mission requirements during an international response it is often a necessity to leverage the expertise of a foreign company or other organization that has the ability to operate “on-site” internationally. EMS is able to directly sub-contract to foreign organizations which in turn allows us to quickly navigate the foreign environment and meet our customers programmatic goals.
EMS retains the highest level of security clearance in order to support any requirements that may have sensitive material.
SPECIAL “INTERNATIONAL” EMPLOYEE HEALTH INSURANCE
Because the safety and well-being of our employees is the single most important consideration to Eagle Medical Services we have developed a “Foreign Travel Working Group” (FTWG) that has extensive experience in deploying public health experts globally. Our FTWG is a highly seasoned team that is focused on helping ensure that we provide the most up-to-date travel information to our employees that deploy globally.
EMS has invested in the best employee healthcare insurance that can be provided. Our insurance will “air-vac” our employees out of a country if they are working in remote and/or countries with resource limited settings.
THE PROFESSIONAL DISTINCTION OF EMS IS BOTH THE FOUNDATION AND CONSEQUENCE OF ITS COMMITMENT TO CLIENTELE AND ITS EMPLOYEES
- Reducing stress on customer resources
- Avoiding instability for contract employees
- Procuring larger contracts for a more stable workforce
- Permits tailoring of contractor teams
- Sole source awards are not subject to protest
SPECIAL PRIVILEGES GRANTED BY SBA AND FAR UNDER THE ALASKA NATIVE CLAIMS SETTLEMENT ACT
- $3 million sole source limitation does not apply to ANC 8(a) contractors
- The sole source contract is undisputable by law by any other interest, vendor, contractor or organization.
- The Indian Incentive Program provides for payment to the Prime on DoD contracts of 5% of the amount subcontracted to an Indian organization or economic enterprise, when authorized under the terms of the contract (FAR 52.226-1).
- Authorized direct conversion of government positions without the A-76 process
- We can receive direct awards in excess of $20 million.
- May be awarded sole source contracts of any size (FAR 19.805-1) with any US Government Agency including all federal agencies such as NASA, US Military, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, CDC, Homeland Security, as well as private biotech communities.
SECONDARY NAICS CODES
518210, 541990, 621330, 541380, 561110, 62134, 541611, 561210, 621391, 541618, 561410, 621399, 541690, 621111, 621511, 541712, 621112, 621512, 541720, 621210, 621991, 541940, 621310, 621999, 541330, 621320, 624190, 621498